Through our community development work, we intentionally develop partnerships and collaborate with residents, agencies and other community-based organizations to work together for the peace and well-being of the Jane-Finch community.
Jane-Finch Community Assessment: During the spring and summer of 2009, a group of YU staff and volunteers conducted a thorough assessment of the Jane-Finch community, seeking to bring together much of the research that already exists, connecting with community stakeholders, and portraying a fair and uplifting picture of this diverse community. Read the report here.
Black Creek Connect is a resource that enables community members to seek out specific resources in the Jane-Finch community – whether it be youth programming or other needed services. You can access Black Creek Connect on our website here.
Willowdale Youth Outreach Collaboration Network is a loose association of 24 like-minded organizations, churches and groups. Together we hope to meet the spiritual and felt needs of all the youth and families here in Willowdale: too large a community for one to serve alone, we will partner together to serve alongside one another. We have done about 10 different events together, reaching about 300 youth with the message of hope found in Jesus. Facebook page here.
Some more community collaborations:
- Jane-Finch Crisis Support Network
- Shoreham Court Animators
- Driftwood Animators
- Jane Finch Community Ministry
- Action for Neighbourhood Change
- Jane Finch Church Coalition
- Jane Finch Community and Family Centre
- Toronto Community Housing
- Out of Bounds Grief Support
- Driftwood Community Centre
- City of Toronto
- CLASP – Community and Legal Aid Services Programme – Osgoode Hall, York U
- Toronto Police Services – 31 Division
- Ephraim’s Place